As of September 2011, Google has discontinued the Google Desktop product. TweakGDS is no longer supported or updated.
Advanced Settings for Google Desktop Search
TweakGDS allows you to change advanced, undocumented settings for Google Desktop Search, without having to dig around in the system registry yourself.
- Move your GDS index
- Change the drives that GDS indexes, including mapped network drives and attached (USB/Firewire) drives - even your iPod!
- Specify individual folders to limit GDS indexing
- Force a manual re-indexing of your drives at any time
- Change the number of GDS search results per page to any number
- Schedule automatic re-indexing with Windows Task Scheduler and TweakGDS
For a screenshot, please click here.
You must have Google Desktop installed on your computer for this to work properly!
Help file for TweakGDS is available here.
Download the TweakGDS installer here.
Please note we are not affiliated with Google in any way. You need to have Google Desktop Search installed on your computer for this to work. Get Google Desktop Search here. Using this software means you are subject to all of the terms and conditions that Google requires, which you can find out more about on their site. If you have ideas about how we can make the software better, feel free to email support.